Monday, April 9, 2012 on 7:26 PM
Talking about internet, for sure we will think of blogging, source of information, browsing, social networking and many more. However, what is the actual meaning of Internet?
Internet is actually;
- A global networking that links computers to computers by sharing the TCP/IP protocol.
- Internet carries various information and services.
- Example: Online chat, electronic mail (email), and file transfer (downloads and uploads).
There are many ways to get access to the Internet such as;
- Dial-up (This one is used with the telephone line. I remember I ever used this back then when I was in primary school and it is a bit slower cuz you have to dial 1515 if I'm not mistaken and you have to wait for the line to get connected to get Internet access -_-)
- WiFi/WiMax (This one, everyone knows -,-)
- Satellite (Well this one is normally being used in school especially in Malaysia. There are some schools that are using this way. You might want to Google em up to know which schools are still using it.)
- GPRS/EDGE (Smartphone users, what is this? Hehe :P)
- 3G/2G (Uses in cellphones and also smartphones)
P/S: You might want to search for the statistic of Internet users worldwide. And fyi, Asia is on the first place !